Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 esims with the same number?

After setting up my iPhone 14, I somehow ended up with 2 esims with the same exact number under the same carrier? Can I delete the second one without messing with the first one or should I just leave it alone?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Hey there j1234ba,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

For this issue, we want to recommend that you get in touch with your carrier. Since they are going to be the experts in handling issues with your eSIM card, they would be the best resource to start with. In the meantime, we have some helpful information here that goes over some of the basics of eSIM:

We hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 1:07 PM in response to j1234ba

Hey there j1234ba,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

For this issue, we want to recommend that you get in touch with your carrier. Since they are going to be the experts in handling issues with your eSIM card, they would be the best resource to start with. In the meantime, we have some helpful information here that goes over some of the basics of eSIM:

We hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day.

Oct 3, 2023 1:15 PM in response to j1234ba

Hey there,

I also had a similar issue when I installed my eSim. The physical sim that I used to install my eSim was still there in my iPhone and was showing up as another sim. Once I removed the physical sim, it wasn't showing up in the settings anymore.

If this isn't the case then you should check with your carrier to be safe.

Hope you have a good day.

2 esims with the same number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.