iPhone 15 "Data Transfer Cancelled" Error Message

I bought a new iphone 15pro and was try to set it up using my old iphone. After setting up the wallet, data transfer just gets cancelled and only gives me option to reset. I did it twice and got very fed up since it would get stuck at the same step. This is very frustrating.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 11:50 AM

This is total rubbish, what a waste of time, it just wont transfer, tried 5 times, updated the IOS on both phones to 17.1, the phone is useless, i can transfer - just keeps saying "Transfer Cancelled" !!!

32 replies

Oct 11, 2023 10:44 AM in response to anshu199

I've got the same issue. Not having found out how to break the automatic set up to get version 17 downloaded, i did two things, and (touch wood) it seems to work: 1) I downloaded version 17 on the old phone (not sure it actually started before the data transfer started) and 2) I didn't put the passcodes in to tranfer the cards in my wallet. I'm going to guess the issue is in adding the cards as it didn't give me a chance to add the activation codes in when I did it the first times when it kept crashing...

Overall, have to say its a TERRIBLE customer experience. The whole data transfer phones side by side was a game changer, but this is beyond annoying. Phone currently telling me there's 4 hours of data transfer to go through... so I may not have cracked it yet... will KYP...

Oct 7, 2023 2:39 PM in response to TodG23

I've transferred one iPhone to anther using this method many many time! This time, I tried transferring from an iPhone 12 to my 15 Pro and after scanning the pattern it goes to the "Update Iphone". After that step it stops.

I can't plug it into my PC because the plug is different! This is just rubbish from Apple! Does No one test these things before you sell them?

not good enough!

Oct 24, 2023 2:58 AM in response to anshu199

I had the same issue and my question is, "how can I update my new iPhone 15 Pro to iOS 17.0.2 if it keeps coming up with an error in setting up? I have no access to the phone otherwise to do the update".

Apple really lost points here with me. Super ****** off. And my family company used to be an Apple dealer, so I am all in on Apple devices. Disappointed with Apple. Forgotten the basics

Mar 2, 2024 7:59 AM in response to anshu199

I've got the same problem. Tried everything what was recommended here. I'm doing transfer from Iphone 11 pro to 15 pro. Here's list of what I've did:

1. Both phones updated do iOS 17.3.1 - latest version
  2. Both phones reset before transfer
  3. Both connected to power
  4. I've tried with full set-up (wallet, face-id) and without wallet & face-id set-up

In all cases transfer stops after 1- 2 hours with the red triangle with exclamation and message that data transfer cancelled. This is my 3rd day of struggle.

I'm consider returning this phone back to Apple and buying Samsung instead. Dear Apple - my plan was to be your recurring client but you make devices which are making this impossible by design.

Oct 17, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Scottish-j

No the annoying fix is you'll need to up date the New Handset to the latest iOS FIRST seperately without pairing it.

You'll then need to "Reset" the handset again. Then attempt to re-pair the usual way. Its annoying but it works.

NOTE: I know the boss of Apple Tony and he actually brought it up at his staff meeting so rest assured they listen!👍🏽

Sep 26, 2023 6:22 PM in response to anshu199

anshu199 Said:

"Data transfer from old iphone to Iphone15 pro keeps getting cancelled: I bought a new iphone 15pro and was try to set it up using my old iphone. After setting up the wallet, data transfer just gets cancelled and only gives me option to reset. I did it twice and got very fed up since it would get stuck at the same step. This is very frustrating."

-------

Try Another Transfer:

If things were unsuccessfully transferred 100%, then try it once more. QuickStart is what to use here: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a New iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

iPhone 15 "Data Transfer Cancelled" Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.