📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard backlight not working

The backlight is not functioning. I have restarted my iPad (12.9 in, Pro 5th Gen) to no avail. I am running iPadOS 17.0.1. Not sure what the else I can do here. Is this an iPadOS bug?

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:36 AM

Try updating your iPad to iPadOS 17.0.2 - this being the current version. While this update primarily addresses a completely different issue, there appear to be a few other fixes. This update may help with your problem.

Otherwise, you might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2023 7:36 AM in response to anthonyfromlouisville

Try updating your iPad to iPadOS 17.0.2 - this being the current version. While this update primarily addresses a completely different issue, there appear to be a few other fixes. This update may help with your problem.

Otherwise, you might be well advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases from Apple devices using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Magic Keyboard backlight not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.