You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pedometer++ complication blank after Watchos 10 update

After updating to Watchos 10, the pedometer complication which used to display my step count is now a solid white box. I can tap the box and it opens the app and all the details are there, but i can't get them to show on the watch face.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 5:20 AM

Here’s what I did that worked: open watch app on your phone, scroll down and select Pedometer app, then toggle the switch off for “Show app in Apple Watch”.

Close app, check Apple Watch to be sure the Pedometer app is not visible in your apps list on the actual watch. Then go back to your phone to toggle this back on. Then select your desired steps complication on your watch. Hope this helps!

23 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2023 5:20 AM in response to Kozerog82

Here’s what I did that worked: open watch app on your phone, scroll down and select Pedometer app, then toggle the switch off for “Show app in Apple Watch”.

Close app, check Apple Watch to be sure the Pedometer app is not visible in your apps list on the actual watch. Then go back to your phone to toggle this back on. Then select your desired steps complication on your watch. Hope this helps!

Nov 25, 2023 7:07 PM in response to Larr13

Larr13’s method worked for me too. Finally I can see my step count again at a glance! Must have been some glitch in how the Pedometer app works with the updated version of the watch OS. Why do we even need a third party app to have such a basic option on the Apple Watch face, anyway? Seems like this should be easily implemented.

Oct 1, 2023 6:07 AM in response to gooba31

Hi gooba31,

To isolate this issue further, switch to a different watch face to see if your step count shows up as expected. If needed, the steps on how to do that are in the article linked above.

Touch and hold the watch face, swipe to the one you want, then tap it.

When you touch and hold the watch face, you see the current watch face with Share and Edit buttons at the bottom. The name of the watch face is at the top. Swipe left or right to see other watch face options. Tap a complication to add the features you want.

If the issue continues, make sure your Apple Watch and paired iPhone are running the latest compatible software versions. Here's a list of the latest versions: Apple security releases

If there's an update available for your iPhone, be sure to create a backup before installing it: Update your iPhone or iPad

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

If you need more help, reply with the name of the complication that you've noticed this behavior with. Is it the Activity complication, or a different one? There's a list of the names of the complications in the article linked above.

Regards.

Oct 1, 2023 5:48 PM in response to gooba31

Hello gooba31,

Thank you for keeping us updated. If this issue is only occurring while trying to use this specific third-party app, we recommend that you try deleting and then reinstalling that affected app to help further isolate this issue.

If that doesn't help refresh things, you might want to reach out to the app developers for help. They might need to investigate this issue further with you. Just in case, this resource can show you how to do this: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Pedometer++ complication blank after Watchos 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.