I plug my iPhone into your computer to sync it, but it is not recognized. What should I try first to troubleshoot this?

I plug my iPhone into your computer to sync it, but it is not recognized. What should I try first to troubleshoot this?

iPhone 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:14 PM

First, check that the charging cable is properly plugged in at both ends, then try different USB ports or a different cable.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes, that your computer has the proper drivers, and that the device has internet connectivity if syncing via iCloud.

Finally, force restart both the iPhone and computer as a reset.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 7:14 PM in response to korri53

First, check that the charging cable is properly plugged in at both ends, then try different USB ports or a different cable.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes, that your computer has the proper drivers, and that the device has internet connectivity if syncing via iCloud.

Finally, force restart both the iPhone and computer as a reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.