Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My iPhone wallpaper is blurred

My log on screen photo and contact-if-found is blurred. My image and wording shows in the back but can’t be seen or read. My desktop is just a color. How can I unblur it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 4:48 AM

Ever since the last updates. NOW all pictures I use as wallpaper blurs at the top edge! That messes up most of my pictures! How do I get rid of it. Pinch and adjust was fine but this blur the top is annoying! How do I clear it? And if it’s a new apple thinks it’s a cool feature they are wrong!!!!! Give me the option to add that effect if I want. If there’s a way to clear it let me know please!

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2023 4:48 AM in response to garth233

Ever since the last updates. NOW all pictures I use as wallpaper blurs at the top edge! That messes up most of my pictures! How do I get rid of it. Pinch and adjust was fine but this blur the top is annoying! How do I clear it? And if it’s a new apple thinks it’s a cool feature they are wrong!!!!! Give me the option to add that effect if I want. If there’s a way to clear it let me know please!

Sep 28, 2023 12:18 PM in response to garth233

It sounds like you want to un-blur your iPhone's Home Screen wallpaper.

To unblur it, open Settings -> Wallpaper. You should see two "Customize" buttons, one for the Lock Screen and one for the Home Screen. Tap the "Customize" button on the Home Screen, then toggle off "Blur" in the bottom right.

Finally, hit "Done" in the top right to save your changes.

My iPhone wallpaper is blurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.