Widgets don’t work

Hello

I have iPhone 15 Pro. I have moved all the data to it from my iPhone 13 Pro. Now I have a problem with widgets. Apple Books widget and Orlen VITAY widget (it should display loyalty card for gas station) don’t work at all. Apple Books won’t update, and the Orlen VITAY is just blank tile. I have no problem with these widgets on 13 Pro, they work just fine. The problem is on 15 Pro. I have deleted them and re-added them, I have reinstalled the apps, I have turned on and off airplane mode, I have made sure that these apps have all of required permissions, I have restarted the iPhone. Nothing seems to work. Both phones are on iOS 17. Can someone please help me find the solution?

Thank you

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 2:02 PM

I have the same issue with the Books widget. I called Apple Support, and they advised a few troubleshooting steps (reboot, uninstall/reinstall Books, check permissions), but all failed to resolve the issue. Finally, they advised to reset the phone. I declined to do this due to the large time investment needed to reset the phone with Apple Watches, Apple Pay, etc.

I will continue troubleshooting, but if anyone else has a solution, please let me know.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 2:02 PM in response to mtuchalski

I have the same issue with the Books widget. I called Apple Support, and they advised a few troubleshooting steps (reboot, uninstall/reinstall Books, check permissions), but all failed to resolve the issue. Finally, they advised to reset the phone. I declined to do this due to the large time investment needed to reset the phone with Apple Watches, Apple Pay, etc.

I will continue troubleshooting, but if anyone else has a solution, please let me know.

Widgets don’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.