Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Fully updated iPhone 15 pro screen dimming all the way down while using in bright light.

This has happened a few times now, and I never had this happen with my 13 pro. The phone is fully charged, and not heavily used (warm/hot) at all. I'll be looking at it in bright light, indoors,(at Costco today) and all of the sudden it will become completely unreadable until I go to the slider to turn it up again, as it magically turned itself all the way down. Something is NOT right. I've always used True Tone, I've always used auto brightness, always, and this has never happened. I took 2 screenshots, and both showed a bright screen while it was dark, and unreadable. If it matters..It's in the Apple silicone case, with no screen protector.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:07 PM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2023 8:17 PM in response to Wally48009

Hey there! It's possible that you're experiencing a hardware issue. The best thing I would suggest in your situation is to bring your iPhone into an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. There, a certified technician can run the necessary diagnostics to troubleshoot this issue. This link from Apple should help you find your nearest service location. Find Locations - Apple

Hope this helped, and wish you the best of luck on your iPhone journey!

Sep 29, 2023 9:10 AM in response to TurtleGlo

The Apple Store said it passed all the hardware diagnostics. Was told it must be a software issue that will hopefully be fixed with the next update. Will not be loving this phone if it’s not. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath as I’ve not read about an actual solution..not a bandaid..ie, someone saying it was actually addressed with an update.

Fully updated iPhone 15 pro screen dimming all the way down while using in bright light.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.