Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

New scam to get into your stolen iPhone 14

My iPhone 14 pro was stolen about a month ago. Yesterday I received a text letting me know my device was found. To click the link to see its location. I did click on the link but I got a weird feeling. So I looked on find my iPhone app. Still pinging last location from a month ago. Today i received second text. Stating my phone was activated with a new phone number along with a link. So I called Apple & it’s confirmed. It’s a new scam, they weren’t even aware of it. As they need your Apple ID to activate your stolen phone. Don’t click on links. They said they’ll never call or text.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 28, 2023 8:32 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 28, 2023 8:41 PM in response to Shynahdoll

to Shynahdoll Said:

"New scam to get into your stolen iPhone 14: My iPhone 14 pro was stolen about a month ago. Yesterday I received a text letting me know my device was found. To click the link to see its location. I did click on the link but I got a weird feeling.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Stollen iPhone:

I. Getting Into your Apple Account:

You need to get into your Apple Account. So, contact Apple Support. If you have abater device, then ask the Apple Rep if they can help you add Two-Factor Authentication to another device you own. Ask them to assist you with changing your password to what it should be. Important: Perform a trial-&-error login session, prior to ending the call.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

II. Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Messages to Apple and Others:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others. Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

IV. Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Your iPhone is locked. So, get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

Sep 28, 2023 8:41 PM in response to Shynahdoll

to Shynahdoll Said:

"New scam to get into your stolen iPhone 14: My iPhone 14 pro was stolen about a month ago. Yesterday I received a text letting me know my device was found. To click the link to see its location. I did click on the link but I got a weird feeling.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Stollen iPhone:

Report Messages to Apple and Others:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others. Use my User Tip: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

New scam to get into your stolen iPhone 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.