iPhone 15 pro max screen not being responsive

Has anyone else noticed when texting on the new iPhone 15 pro max the screen is not very responsive ? I’ll be texting and I’ll hit a letter as I’m texting an it won’t won’t respond . It’s like you have to tap the screen pretty had for it to be responsive

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 7:35 PM

I have a 15 Pro Max and just updated to ios 17.2 and now the screen won't response to touch, I cant enter the code or anything.

23 replies

Jan 10, 2024 6:55 PM in response to ElGuapo93

Wow this is super not cool….I have the 15 Pro Max and also just did the 17.2 update and POOF my screen no longer responds to touch. My phone is basically now a $2000 CAD piece of garbage…Apple needs to do better than this. There is no support online for this issue. My time is worth $$. Apple needs to cover my expenses…ya that’s never going to happen!! 8 weeks old, not acceptable.

Oct 1, 2023 2:10 PM in response to ElGuapo93

Hello ElGuapo93,

This page can help provide some suggestions for the display not working as expected: If your screen isn't working - Apple Support

If your screen is too sensitive or responds intermittently to touch
1. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
2. Make sure that your screen is clean and free of any debris or water.
3. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.
4. Remove any cases or screen protectors.

Cheers.

Jan 10, 2024 9:04 PM in response to Eric_G1

Unfortunately, this screen not responsive item cannot be fixed unless you have something really special like the apple diagnostic tools that they run when you bring it into the Apple Store.

when my phone went completely unresponsive, I felt like that movie “leave the world behind”, where I was basically rendered useless, because my phone could not function.

I didn’t have a back up phone, it just totally stopped working, and it made me contemplate getting a second phone just in case this ever happens again.

so much of our life is run on the mobile device that when all of our apps are not accessible, it kind of sucks how reliant we are on these devices and I don’t know if randomly my phones gonna stop working one day when I’m traveling or on the road and I’ll be left without a map or whatever.

if you’re on this thread, just go to the Apple Store and stop searching for a fix.

Oct 5, 2023 2:09 PM in response to ElGuapo93

Hello ElGuapo93,

If the issue persists, further assistance may be needed. We want to make sure you reach the right team for help with your iPhone, so we recommend that you contact Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support - Apple.

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities and have a wonderful day.

Feb 6, 2024 7:56 PM in response to ElGuapo93

I got the answer....The update crashed and never installed properly....this from the Apple Store/Genius Bar. So it's are wipe and reinstall. I was lucky I use iCloud and always back up to the cloud. I've lost far to much data before to trust one fail point. I did the reset/reinstall of the OS and I'm back in business....critical data took 30 minutes to update and my phone/emails SMS was back up. Apps took a little longer to install and sync. If you don't have a back-up you will not be a happy camper :-(

Mar 15, 2024 12:28 PM in response to ElGuapo93

my issue started back in december. Mine usually happens when i am on a phone call holding the phone to my ear. If i take the phone away while still on the call the screen stays black. I recorded this while on the phone with an apple support person and they did nothing. I took the phone into the store back in december and they claim they replaced everything but not the camera or screen. Which i find odd since it is the screen that is causing issues. I have restored the phone, reset, and even completed deleted and started from scratch and it still does it. I do have a glass Zagg privacy screen protector on so not sure if that is blocking sensors at the top? However i am so frustrated with this phone i am ready to trade it and go with s24 ultra. i have had every iphone since the beginning and this is beyond ridiculous. The fact apple is not even trying to fix it is what is truly making me upset the most.

Apr 10, 2024 1:58 AM in response to ElGuapo93

You can try this method to fix your iPhone touch issue fix.

Doesn't require reset and restore:

1. On a Mac, Download Apple Configurator from the Mac App Store.
  2. Open Apple Configurator app and allow/accept license agreement.
  3. Plug your iPhone via USB C into your computer in normal mode.
  4. It will show up that your phone is in "DFU mode"
  5. Right click on the DFU icon, click Advanced > Revive Device, then click Revive
  6. You will have to click "Allow" several times through the process as it connects and reconnects to the phone, and reinstalls the OS without factory reset, loosing any of your data, etc.

Even though if you don't understand you can follow This tutorial video.

https://youtu.be/FsyRobl5TWI

iPhone 15 pro max screen not being responsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.