icloud drive above my capacity

Hey all I need help,

I recently cleaned my download from both safari and chrome on my iPhone 13 and it keeps reporting that I’m using on my iCloud Drive 17 gb. However I don’t have any iCloud plan active and looked also on the desktop website and it says that actually I’m using 5/5 gb. I’d like to remove these extra 12 gb even if the files app doesn’t report any file to delete even in the recently deleted folder.

could you please help me?

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 3:26 AM

I suspect it's not a good idea to completely fill up iCloud storage.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

"If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, and iCloud Drive and other iCloud apps won't stay up to date across your devices. And you also won't be able to send or receive emails with your iCloud email address."

Are you using iCloud Photos? If so, how much do you have in the way of photos and videos on your phone? Could iCloud be choking on > 5 GB of photos and videos, and misattributing the storage use to iCloud Drive?!?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 3:26 AM in response to AndreaDam95

I suspect it's not a good idea to completely fill up iCloud storage.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

"If you run out of iCloud storage, your device won’t back up to iCloud, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photos, and iCloud Drive and other iCloud apps won't stay up to date across your devices. And you also won't be able to send or receive emails with your iCloud email address."

Are you using iCloud Photos? If so, how much do you have in the way of photos and videos on your phone? Could iCloud be choking on > 5 GB of photos and videos, and misattributing the storage use to iCloud Drive?!?

icloud drive above my capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.