Unable to fully cancel my subscriptions to several apps. It doesn’t ask me to confirm “cancellation” what is the problem

Unable to cancel a subscription. When I go to my subscriptions and select the subscription I want to cancel it doesn’t complete my request because it doesn’t ask to confirm. I tried updating my phone and shutting it down. It still won’t allow me to cancel my subscriptions

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 8:06 PM

I’ve had the same issues with subscriptions not canceling; I am more than familiar with how to utilize the tools in settings. It simply is NOT working.

13 replies

Sep 29, 2023 2:37 PM in response to CClouds22

So you didn't follow the directions in the link. Had you done what the link suggests you would:

How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Subscriptions.

4. Tap the subscription.
  5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

If you can't find the subscription that you want to cancel

You DON'T open the App Store App at all to cancel a subscription. And if you can't find the subscription by following these directions, then click on the blue word link "If you can't find the subscription that you want to cancel."

Jan 23, 2024 5:06 PM in response to CClouds22

I was having the same issue with Apple Music. After disputing the charge with Apple & requesting a refund but they wouldn’t refund me the money I called my credit card company and cancelled my card. They had to cancel all of my other subscriptions but at least this particular charge wouldn’t keep getting charged. Unfortunately it was the only way.

Apr 18, 2024 7:39 PM in response to CClouds22

I have tried everything too. I have not seen anyone with a fix. you might be able to start a new apple Id is the only thing that might fix this. However you risk losing everything. We should not have to though. they could fix this but they wont. Got a love the customer service with apple. the best thing is don't ever use apple pay for anything until they make a Fix. Its what I'm doing. The only thing apple understands is money. I will keep it empty from now on till I find a Fix. Cause apple pay does not do what they say it does. Going to subscriptions does nothing to end this account cause this one is not listed.

Unable to fully cancel my subscriptions to several apps. It doesn’t ask me to confirm “cancellation” what is the problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.