Red and black screen when I plug my phone in

When my phone is locked and I plug it in the screen lights up in a red and black color. I got the new iPhone 15 2 days ago, and it hasn’t been dropped or anything. Is there something wrong?

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 5:25 AM

if you want to get rid of this go to settings. The search StandBy click on it and turn it off.

13 replies

Oct 10, 2023 7:04 PM in response to Disposablesheep76

Disposablesheep76 Said:

"I’m having the same thing on my iPhone 11. Forced restart but it’s still happening. Only happens since updating to ios17"

-------

Overheating may be the Culprit:

I'd say the iPhone is overheating. You are not the first to have reported this. Since the iOS17 release, overheating has been of big concern. So, I have yet to upgrade to it.

Troubleshooting an Overheating iPhone:

There are likely too many processes taking place. So, power off the phone, to let it cool, and then try clearing space. Have you recently filled you iPhone storage? Having low available storage can most certainly case overheating. process are likely taken up

Perform the following:

I. Cool Down the iPhone:

For a few hours, perform the following...

• Power Off: the iPhone for a bit
  • Unplug: any Cables
  • Place it Atop: Laptop Cooler
  • Keep it in: an open space
  • Keep it Out of: direct sunlight

then...

2. Clear Space Using my User Tips:

See if you need to clear lots of space. System resources may be using up too much services, making it overheat. Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space, Using my User Tips:

Sep 30, 2023 12:12 AM in response to Vkrie_99

Vkrie_99 Said:

"Red and black screen when I plug my phone in: When my phone is locked and I plug it in the screen lights up in a red and black color. I got the new iPhone 15 2 days ago, and it hasn’t been dropped or anything. Is there something wrong?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Being seen in the screenshot, it is not a hardware error.

So, Start with a Force Restart: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Red and black screen when I plug my phone in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.