How to sign in when verification code is getting sent to a device I no longer have?

I would like to use an old account on my old phone. But the verification code for that account is getting sent to I don’t remember where?🤣

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 3:25 PM

If you have another computer or device signed in to your Apple ID you could get a verification code on that, to allow you to add your new iPhone and its number to your Apple ID account, while deleting the old phone number.

Eg: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Else:

Apple has a recovery process that may takes a bit longer, and requires proof of identity.

You can see more details at the very bottom of the above article.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 3:25 PM in response to karsten136

If you have another computer or device signed in to your Apple ID you could get a verification code on that, to allow you to add your new iPhone and its number to your Apple ID account, while deleting the old phone number.

Eg: How to: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Else:

Apple has a recovery process that may takes a bit longer, and requires proof of identity.

You can see more details at the very bottom of the above article.

How to sign in when verification code is getting sent to a device I no longer have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.