Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Moving multiple files on latest MacBook

Well, feeling rather silly - BUT - I am having trouble moving a series of files from one folder to another on wife's new MacBookAir, updated to latest OS. With my older Macbook, I would highlight files to be moved, press the lower left corner of the magic pad and just drag to new folder. Now with new Macbook, after highlighting files to be moved, when I press lower left corner of magic pad, all selected files, except the last, go unselected. What do I need to press in order to move files?

MacBook Air, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:03 AM

There is no need to press the lower left corner of the trackpad. Just select the group of icons, and drag.

Use trackpad and mouse gestures on Mac - Apple Support

I think what you're doing is selecting the group of icons, but pressing the lower left corner is somehow undoing the multiple icon selection. You don't need to press anywhere in particular.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 7:03 AM in response to DJMc

There is no need to press the lower left corner of the trackpad. Just select the group of icons, and drag.

Use trackpad and mouse gestures on Mac - Apple Support

I think what you're doing is selecting the group of icons, but pressing the lower left corner is somehow undoing the multiple icon selection. You don't need to press anywhere in particular.

Moving multiple files on latest MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.