Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Having server issues with Mail server settings on IOS 17

I am having issues setting up my email accounts on both my iMac with Sonoma and my iPhone with ios17.

First issue I am having is how to delete an existing account on ios17? The Mail Accounts Advanced settings are different from previous ios. If I go to Settings->Accounts->Mail then choose the account I want to delete, I get to this screen which has no delete or edit ability:

If I choose Advanced I get to this screen which also has no edit or delete functions.

If I go to the Outgoing Mail Server I see a list of all the mail servers attached to my email accounts, which I want to remove as they are incorrect. Again, I cannot delete or edit and of them, I can only toggle off the ones that I dont want to use.

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:45 AM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2023 9:06 AM in response to Lyssa

Other, Custom domain.

If I look at my Gmail or iCloud account there is a DELETE button?

It has something to do with the fact that these acount were setup using a "config" file that was downloaded from my host. The bottom of the account settings says:

"These settings are installed by the profile "xxx@xxx.com Secure Email Setup" but those files are no longer available??

Having server issues with Mail server settings on IOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.