Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Accidentally deleted the App Store from iPhone, how do I recover it

Accidentally deleted the App Store from my phone, how do I recover the app?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 10:16 AM

I don’t have it in the library, I accidentally deleted it. Can I retrieve it back from the Apple Support App?

86 replies

Mar 4, 2024 9:44 PM in response to amilya19

amilya19 wrote:

How do I get the App Store back I think I deleted it on accident

It cannot be deleted. Swipe all the way to the left to reveal the App Library and type in "App Store". You will then be able to add it back to one of your Home Screens.

Find your apps in App Library on iPhone - Apple Support

If not there, then check Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Installing App. Make sure this is set to Allow.

Mar 6, 2024 11:50 AM in response to greysen144

greysen144 wrote:

I think it’s impossible to get back the App Store

The information has already been provided. It cannot be deleted. Review the previous post to determine if Screen Time restrictions are preventing access or if it is in your App Library. Those are the only 2 options.

Have you verified Screen Time settings provided?

Have you used the supplied link to find in the App Library?

Sep 30, 2023 10:43 AM in response to LadyJinara

To be absolutely sure, search for “App Store” on your iPhone (from the Home Screen, swipe down from the middle of the screen.).

If the App Store is missing, try to return iPhone settings to their defaults: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support. You’ll lose the Home Screen arrangement for the icons but it should restore the App Store app.

Accidentally deleted the App Store from iPhone, how do I recover it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.