How to unlock phone with busted screen

My screen is broke on my old phone and I can not unlock it is there a way to do this from a new phone it’s a I phone 11 pro

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 6:04 PM

JmeD22 Said:

"How to unlock phone with busted screen : My screen is broke on my old phone and I can not unlock it is there a way to do this from a new phone it’s a I phone 11 pro"

-------

No. You need to replace the screen.

Where to get a New Screen:

Getting a New iPhone Screen:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an ungenuine screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery. So, where to get a new iPhone:

A. Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to replace the screen
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 6:04 PM in response to JmeD22

JmeD22 Said:

"How to unlock phone with busted screen : My screen is broke on my old phone and I can not unlock it is there a way to do this from a new phone it’s a I phone 11 pro"

-------

No. You need to replace the screen.

Where to get a New Screen:

Getting a New iPhone Screen:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an ungenuine screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery. So, where to get a new iPhone:

A. Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to replace the screen

How to unlock phone with busted screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.