MacBook Pro 14 M2 Max - Wifi slowed down two times with macOS Ventura 13.6

I have a WiFi 6E MacBook Pro 14 with M2 Max and a 1 Gbit/s internet connection at home. I used to have around 700-800 Mbit/s upload/download speeds on WiFi with my TP-Link XE75.

Then a macOS Ventura 13.6 update arrived and I've got half of that speed now with nothing else changing.

Rest of my devices show the same speeds they used to.

I tried resetting my TP-Link mesh routers and swapping them. Nothing helps. I still to get around 1 Gbit/s on ethernet, so it's not my ISP.

Updating to macOS Sonoma didn't change anything as well - still around 300-400 Mbit/s instead of 700-800 I used to have.

Anybody else having the same issues? Could reinstalling macOS possibly help?

P.S.: changing Speedtest server doesn't change anything much - my WiFi6 iPhone 14 Pro gets 500-600 Mbit/s and WiFi6E MacBook Pro only 300-450 Mbit/s for some reason

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 2:48 PM

Solved and it's actually simpler than it may have seemed.

In order to max out your Mac WiFi speeds go to Finder and on AirDrop section select "No One".

Then don't forget to close that Finder window or otherwise changes somehow won't be applied and you won't see any difference.

And no need to mess with the Terminal.

Conclusion: don't forget to set AirDrop receiving to "No One" if not used to get maximum WiFi speeds ✔️.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 2:48 PM in response to in_sympathy

Solved and it's actually simpler than it may have seemed.

In order to max out your Mac WiFi speeds go to Finder and on AirDrop section select "No One".

Then don't forget to close that Finder window or otherwise changes somehow won't be applied and you won't see any difference.

And no need to mess with the Terminal.

Conclusion: don't forget to set AirDrop receiving to "No One" if not used to get maximum WiFi speeds ✔️.

MacBook Pro 14 M2 Max - Wifi slowed down two times with macOS Ventura 13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.