You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User & Groups settings is deleting an account.

For some reason, the "other users" section is taking up more than 100gb of space on my laptop, and since i don't remember having anything important in my other user account, i chose to delete it in system preferences. However, when i tried to close system preferences, it says "User & Groups settings is deleting an account." I waited for around an hour and it still shows the same message. For reference, the other users section in storage is stuck at 58.8gb for the whole hour.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 7:53 PM

Never mind i just realized the content i had in the shared folder is around 58.8gb so i moved all the items in the shared folder to my main user, then i force quitted system preferences. Everything works fine now.

1 reply

User & Groups settings is deleting an account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.