iPhone 15 Pro ProMotion Lag

Scrolling lags at times to a distracting degree, especially in apps like Instagram. Even with plenty of battery, etc. Every few frames it’ll look like the text is doubled up. I’m hoping there’s a future software fix to this, I see it’s been an issue before on other ProMotion displays, but between that and the overheating it’s so disappointing that Apple has released such an unrefined product.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2024 8:36 PM

i have still see stuttering/jitter in apps like Facebook, X, Instagram, Whatsapp when scrolling. Text appears choppy or doubled. I have a 15 pro max with ios 17.3

20 replies

Mar 24, 2024 7:09 AM in response to jarbog2

Hi. Sadly, I can still relate after more patches. I have an iPhone 15 Pro and the same issue. I recently updated my phone to 17.4.1 and noticed that problem. I didn't have it or maybe didn't notice it with iOS 17.4 because my phone is 3 weeks old, but I can clearly see it on iOS 17.4.1. Hope 17.5 will fix it; however, people said that it was a problem before and nobody fixed it. Honestly, it's very disappointing and annoying to have such an expensive and cool phone and have that issue with scrolling. Apple should notice all the messages about this trouble...

Jan 23, 2024 5:55 PM in response to jarbog2

Horrible lag in everything. The whole os feels completely off and jittery. I want my iPhone 13 Pro Max back soo bad. I’m furious. What a piece of trash . SHAME on you Apple for releasing this and encouraging all your loyal customers to buy an inferior phone that was not refined before sending out . And still not fixing it but continuing to sell them . I work at a busy cell phone store and I can tell you. I will not be recommending the 15 series until they fix this . It’s absolutely unacceptable. Everything to me is more glitchy. Typing, scrolling, having to touch twice for it to register . I mean this is why we love iPhone. And it’s acting like a 200$ android. I’m just in awe . Complete trash

Apr 2, 2024 7:49 AM in response to Caifu

Hi, I'm sorry about the state the 15 pro iPhones are in at the moment. I'm glad it's not the fault of our overpriced and luxurious phone like this and that we're not alone in this. But when I review a fact like sometimes long keyboard response or battery life, this smoothness of animation and scrolling is most annoying and in a phone like 15 pro or even 15 pro max really annoying. When you buy a phone like the pro/max you're supposed to feel like you're getting something really fancy and premium. Which of course the hardware and physical premium is through the roof. Unfortunately from the software side I'm starting to feel like I'm using a xiaomi redmi at times and not an iPhone 15 pro max. I hope that this topic gets shared as much as possible and gets to Apple, because it should at least be reduced quickly. Yes, it's just a machine and it's only made by humans and it's perfectly normal that now and then somewhere it just won't be smooth, but not that a 1700$ phone will be like a 200$ android

Apr 1, 2024 8:44 AM in response to jarbog2

Hi, I just got a new iPhone 15 pro max 1TB and I have the exact same problem. I'm using iOS 17.4.1 and when scrolling, especially Instagram or maybe YouTube or Google (Safari) or especially be real, it's very noticeable. If I have more widgets, I sometimes notice it on the home screen or in the library. For such an extremely expensive and luxurious phone, I would expect smooth animations and scrolling most of the time without any issue, hiccups, lagging, or stuttering. Obviously the problem will be in the software and how the 120hz works for the motion display. I'm glad my phone is fine because one can immediately get the feeling that there is something wrong with the phone. Fortunately I look that I am not alone and when I have been in stores to try other iPhones 15 pro/max the result was mostly the same.

Apr 5, 2024 5:06 AM in response to jarbog2

I think it has to do with their upgraded security features and I can’t believe they haven’t acknowledged this yet. Try going into settings, Apple ID, iCloud, private relay and toggle off. You can try toggling off for a day and seeing if it gets better and then back to worse the following day. I tried this and it worked, then I finally ended up just turning it off completely. It’s terrible that I have to downgrade my security to view apps without lagging.

iPhone 15 Pro ProMotion Lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.