Apple account recovery without email or phone

My phone's screen was damaged and it's the only device on which I was signed in with my apple ID. I cannot receive text messages and cannot check emails on my iCloud account. I have initiated the account recovery process but it tells me I will receive an email on my icloud email, which I cannot access. I do have a recovery contact set up as part of family sharing but when I try to obtain a recovery code through my husband's phone using that process I get a message that says "Account owner must start the recovery process and ask for help before you can generate a code for them."

How am I supposed to receive the instructions for account recovery if I don't have access to my icloud email and no ability to check my text messages? I can receive phone calls on my broken phone but there is no option to receive a verification code through a phone call. This is incredibly frustrating since I have all my login information.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 4:25 AM

Do truly have no access to any other equipment such as a computer where you can try to sign in? If absolutely necessary you could set up access to your email account on your husband's phone and read your email that way.

but there is no option to receive a verification code through a phone call.

Uh, you can, but you need to be able to see the request feature on a working screen.

From: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

A code is sent first to your trusted devices automatically:

"If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices."

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can choose to have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click "Didn't get a verification code" on the sign in screen.

2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.

3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code. This text message might include an additional domain validation line. This line includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example: @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com).

4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in.

"If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline."

On a mobile device go to Settings > [your name] > Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

On a Mac: Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences [System Settings], then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

"If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account [ How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ]. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 4:25 AM in response to PL2581

Do truly have no access to any other equipment such as a computer where you can try to sign in? If absolutely necessary you could set up access to your email account on your husband's phone and read your email that way.

but there is no option to receive a verification code through a phone call.

Uh, you can, but you need to be able to see the request feature on a working screen.

From: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

A code is sent first to your trusted devices automatically:

"If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices."

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can choose to have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click "Didn't get a verification code" on the sign in screen.

2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.

3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code. This text message might include an additional domain validation line. This line includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example: @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com).

4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in.

"If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline."

On a mobile device go to Settings > [your name] > Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

On a Mac: Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences [System Settings], then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.

"If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account [ How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ]. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity."

Apple account recovery without email or phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.