Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

IOS17 Not Letting Me Search Photos by date

With the IOS17 I am unable to go to my photos on my iphone and search for a particular date. How do I fix that?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 2, 2023 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 5:46 AM

How are you entering the date into the search field?

Try different date formats, supported by the region settings for your iPhone. If there are photos taken at that particular date, Photos will show a tiny calendar badge for the search result. But if there are no photos with that particular date, Photos may be showing only near misses, some Memories or other irrelevant results.

For example, using 1OS 17 on an iPhone 11 Pro Max, Photos has found more than hundred photos taken on the 9th of September (written in the format for the German region Settings)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 5:46 AM in response to PamelaG1823

How are you entering the date into the search field?

Try different date formats, supported by the region settings for your iPhone. If there are photos taken at that particular date, Photos will show a tiny calendar badge for the search result. But if there are no photos with that particular date, Photos may be showing only near misses, some Memories or other irrelevant results.

For example, using 1OS 17 on an iPhone 11 Pro Max, Photos has found more than hundred photos taken on the 9th of September (written in the format for the German region Settings)

IOS17 Not Letting Me Search Photos by date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.