Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Iphone 12 mini camera not focusing after iOS 17 update

recently updated with iOS 17, problem happened, camera was perfectly fine before update. 1x photo, portrait all no focus. Anyone has this issue resolved yet?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 6:32 PM

I have the same issue. My camera was focusing perfectly before the last update (17.2.1)

I’ve been checking for updates to fix this bug, but nothing yet. :/

45 replies

Feb 25, 2024 1:35 AM in response to mobpsycho100

So, with so many of us having the same problem, why is Apple pretending there is no issue?

I too had a perfectly working camera till the upgrade. I need it for work.

Hoping someone at Apple might be listening in to these conversations.

I live in a rural area, about 150kms from an Apple Store. Would be nice to think someone was caring about this problem…

Mar 12, 2024 8:42 PM in response to mobpsycho100

Wow, I’m glad I came here and looked up this issue. The same thing has been happening to my iPhone 12 mini since the last update. It makes it really hard to pay with a QR code and I really can’t take photos of my food anymore. I typically wait to make updates, but eventually Apple forces you to do them by making it so Face ID doesn’t work and other little annoyances. Any suggestions on how to get them to resolve this instead of profiting off of “fixing the hardware”?f

Iphone 12 mini camera not focusing after iOS 17 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.