Activation Lock but I’m the owner

I recently messed up and logged out of my Apple ID put someone else’s Apple ID in the settings attempting to get games and then the phone got locked. The owner of the Apple ID proceeded to lock the phone by marking it as lost. Im the original owner and have all the proof but every time I make a ticket it gets rejected saying “we are unable to process your request at this time” what do I do! The phone is still marked in my devices but I have no way of doing anything with it (marking it as lost or anything)

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:46 AM

saying “we are unable to process your request at this time” what do I

Try again tomorrow or so.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 6:46 AM in response to BizzareNick

saying “we are unable to process your request at this time” what do I

Try again tomorrow or so.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

Activation Lock but I’m the owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.