Apple is not taking my credit or debit cards.

I'm running out of money in my Apple account. Time to pay for Apple TV+ which has to be deducted from my Apple Account. iTunes will not replenish money to my account. I get an error message every time. Frankly, this has been going on for 2 years and Apple could not resolve it, so I gave up. I started buying gift cards via email and redeeming them to get money into my Apple account. This has become the norm. Until today. Apple is rejecting both my credit card and debit card when I attempt to purchase the gift card. So, I had to take that debit card to my grocery store to purchase an Apple gift card. So, I guess the answer is to keep no money in my Apple Account in hopes that it will default to the credit card on file, even though it rejected that card today. I really prefer purchasing music by deducting it from my Apple account instead of using a credit card and being charged one song at a time. Or maybe this is just part of the grand conspiracy to force people to stop buying music and subscribe to Apple Music instead. It's been weeks since we've been able to get song previews on new songs on iTunes. So there it is. The conspiracy. I'm just kidding. I think. I left Apple once before because of their proprietary nature. But if I want to watch Apple TV+, I have to pay them the way they tell me to. You might think I could be in charge of how I pay them, it being my money and all.

Windows

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 1:18 PM

Apple is rejecting both my credit card and debit card when I attempt to purchase the gift card.

Start here -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

👉 fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 1:18 PM in response to Cosmonium

Apple is rejecting both my credit card and debit card when I attempt to purchase the gift card.

Start here -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

👉 fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

Apple is not taking my credit or debit cards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.