Problem with getting Podcasts from iPhone to iwatch

Having been using Podcast app all the time. Then the following happened. Go to get podcast from i watch and the following message on i watch states"no podcasts." If I go to the iphone all of my podcasts are there. I can listen to them from iphone. The I watch app on the I phone also states the following "no podcasts".

The "iPhone is linked to the "iwatch". I can listen to music from the iwatch etc..; however the podcast app is not linking to the the iwatch.

Suggestion or help! I want to listen to the podcasts when running walking etc...!!

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 3:15 PM

It seems like you're experiencing a synchronization issue between your iPhone and Apple Watch when it comes to podcasts. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. **Check Bluetooth Connection:** Ensure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth. Sometimes, a weak or disconnected Bluetooth connection can prevent data, including podcasts, from syncing properly.

2. **Restart Both Devices:** Try restarting both your iPhone and Apple Watch. This can help refresh their connections and potentially resolve synchronization issues.

3. **Check Podcast Settings on iPhone:**

- Open the "Watch" app on your iPhone.

- Scroll down and tap on "Podcasts."

- Make sure that the option to "Customize" is enabled, and select the podcasts you want to sync to your Apple Watch.

4. **Reinstall Podcast App on Apple Watch:**

- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.

- Scroll down to "Installed on Apple Watch" and find the Podcast app.

- If it's there, try removing it, then re-add it. This may help refresh the app's connection.

5. **Update Software:** Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software updates. Sometimes, updating your devices can resolve compatibility issues.

6. **Forget and Re-Pair Apple Watch:** If the issue persists, you might consider unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then re-pairing it. This should be done as a last resort, as it involves erasing the content on your Apple Watch.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more specialized guidance and help you diagnose and fix the problem with your podcast synchronization.

i also noticed you are on an iPhone SE that’s running iOS 12 maybe it’s to upgrade and that also might fix it due to better Bluetooth connectivity and Apple Watch support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 3:15 PM in response to dalefromlowermain

It seems like you're experiencing a synchronization issue between your iPhone and Apple Watch when it comes to podcasts. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. **Check Bluetooth Connection:** Ensure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth. Sometimes, a weak or disconnected Bluetooth connection can prevent data, including podcasts, from syncing properly.

2. **Restart Both Devices:** Try restarting both your iPhone and Apple Watch. This can help refresh their connections and potentially resolve synchronization issues.

3. **Check Podcast Settings on iPhone:**

- Open the "Watch" app on your iPhone.

- Scroll down and tap on "Podcasts."

- Make sure that the option to "Customize" is enabled, and select the podcasts you want to sync to your Apple Watch.

4. **Reinstall Podcast App on Apple Watch:**

- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.

- Scroll down to "Installed on Apple Watch" and find the Podcast app.

- If it's there, try removing it, then re-add it. This may help refresh the app's connection.

5. **Update Software:** Ensure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest software updates. Sometimes, updating your devices can resolve compatibility issues.

6. **Forget and Re-Pair Apple Watch:** If the issue persists, you might consider unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then re-pairing it. This should be done as a last resort, as it involves erasing the content on your Apple Watch.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's a good idea to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more specialized guidance and help you diagnose and fix the problem with your podcast synchronization.

i also noticed you are on an iPhone SE that’s running iOS 12 maybe it’s to upgrade and that also might fix it due to better Bluetooth connectivity and Apple Watch support

Problem with getting Podcasts from iPhone to iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.