2023 AirPods Pro 2nd Gen USB-C Sound Issue With Samsung Smart TV

I paired my AirPods Pro USB-C with my Samsung Smart TV and it connects fine. But as soon as a new episode plays (Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Hulu, YouTube) or I go to a different app; they lose sound, yet they are still connected. I have to reconnect or re-select the connected AirPods to get them to work again. I reset, rebooted, checked for updates for AirPods and Samsung TV. I contacted Apple and Samsung. Apple said to contact Samsung. Samsung’s solution was for me to buy a new TV. I have been searching everywhere for similar issues. My Gen 1 AirPods work great, no issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 8:57 PM

I am also having the exact same issue. My previous AirPods Pro 1st gen had zero issues connecting to Samsung TV.

The new 2nd Gen USB-C disconnects when I change apps, fast forward pause etc. It looks like many other people are having the same issue. Can Apple not release a firmware update to correct this issue. Its making the whole user experience very poor.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 8:57 PM in response to hollyybu

I am also having the exact same issue. My previous AirPods Pro 1st gen had zero issues connecting to Samsung TV.

The new 2nd Gen USB-C disconnects when I change apps, fast forward pause etc. It looks like many other people are having the same issue. Can Apple not release a firmware update to correct this issue. Its making the whole user experience very poor.

Nov 8, 2023 6:25 PM in response to hollyybu

UPDATE NO 3: Sound was lost after switching apps. From Netflix to YouTube. Or from Netflix to HBO, etc. Reached out to Samsung and they tried to help. Only way to get sound back was to reboot the TV and reconnect. Which no one should have to do every time you want to switch an app to keep sound on your AirPods! Changed Digital Output setting to PCM, but ended up having the issue again when going into Apple TV app and exiting. Still researching. Will continue to update. Dear Apple, please fix this. This was not an issue before with previous gen’s..why is it now? Extremely disheartening.

Nov 12, 2023 11:25 AM in response to hollyybu

After updating to the new firmware 6B32. Now my AirPods Pro 2 USBC lose sound every time I rewind or fast forward. Sometimes even if I’ve just paused for a few minutes. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn’t work . I have to reboot my TV! Which is no fun and NOT good. A brand new TV.

P.S. I have tried 10 different earbud brands from Tozo to Anker with Samsung and NONE of them have this issue. I have read similar threads, and posts on here. So sad! Seems like a good solid firmware update would fix the issue? Why hasn’t it been fixed? Can you please fix this Apple?

2023 AirPods Pro 2nd Gen USB-C Sound Issue With Samsung Smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.