Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 3rd Gen audio sync issues with Apple TV 4K

I upgraded to the AirPods 3rd Gen from my existing 2nd gen so I could experience spatial audio. But I have had nothing but problems.

I use my Airpods late at night so as not to wake my kids to watch stream TV. But the audio constantly slowly unsync's. It starts off fine but after about 5-10 mins it's completely out of sync with the video and completely unwatchable. If I stop the video, exit out of it and restart it, it syncs again. In a 30 min show I'll have to do this 3-5 times.

It was never a problem with my old AirPods. I have tested with them and it's still not a problem.

Any idea what the problem might be. The Apple TV is running the latest TVOS

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 9:14 PM

BurtyC Said:

"AirPods 3rd Gen audio sync issues with Apple TV 4K: [...]It was never a problem with my old AirPods. I have tested with them and it's still not a problem. Any idea what the problem might be. The Apple TV is running the latest TVOS"

-------

Report this as Feedback to Apple:

Do Your Part: Provide Apple feedback on this. They won't get back to you directly, but the more they hear of an issue, then the more they'll know what to look for and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple
  2. Select: Comment on setup experience” for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 9:14 PM in response to BurtyC

BurtyC Said:

"AirPods 3rd Gen audio sync issues with Apple TV 4K: [...]It was never a problem with my old AirPods. I have tested with them and it's still not a problem. Any idea what the problem might be. The Apple TV is running the latest TVOS"

-------

Report this as Feedback to Apple:

Do Your Part: Provide Apple feedback on this. They won't get back to you directly, but the more they hear of an issue, then the more they'll know what to look for and what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple
  2. Select: Comment on setup experience” for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

AirPods 3rd Gen audio sync issues with Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.