You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix my Apple Magic Mouse?

At the back of the mouse the crystal ball’s light not on

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 12:12 PM

I charged it ,I did try , still not working,

30 replies

Oct 6, 2023 11:37 AM in response to Chloelimac

An Apple Magic mouse has no active laser or other light source that is visible when holding the mouse in your hand. If it becomes erratic, that may be due to low battery charge, or a piece of lint on the optic. I have found in the latter case it can be fixed by a quick puff of air on it.

If it is an Apple Magic Mouse I with battery, I went through three of these in three years — an the Magic Mouse II has been in use ever since.

Oct 6, 2023 1:02 PM in response to Chloelimac

The original Magic Mouse took batteries. The one that came after had rechargeable batteries and a charging port located on the underside of the mouse.

When I saw "At the back of the mouse the crystal ball’s light not on", I thought immediately of my mouse, which is one of the original Magic Mice, and has a little green power light (not the laser) that goes out whenever the cover to the battery compartment is not perfectly closed.

Oct 6, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Chloelimac

Chloelimac wrote:

Mine it IS wireless, it IS charged already. Still not working. It cause my Mac not working. I tried to use another different brand different wireless mouse . Not workin either . What can I do🥹

How do you know that it is still charged, if it does not have a connection to the Mac? Normally it is the Mac that displays the charge level.

If that mouse is charged, but it is not paired with the right Mac, I believe the way that you would pair it with a new Mac is by connecting it to the new Mac with the charging cable.

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic Trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 6, 2023 12:23 PM in response to Chloelimac

I have one of the old Magic Mice that takes AA batteries. The latch mechanism that is supposed to keep the little metal cover shut does not work consistently any more, and whenever the cover comes slightly loose, the mouse loses connection. It does this even though the batteries are still securely in place. I assume that there's a micro-switch in there designed to shut the mouse off whenever the cover is open.

What I've been doing is to use small pieces of Scotch tape to keep the cover shut.

How can I fix my Apple Magic Mouse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.