Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I am trying to setup a new iPhone 11 using my 14Pro and it is stalling for over an hour on the ios 17.0.3. What to do?

I am into the transfer of data going on 1.5 hours between the phones. The 14 says "Waiting for Software Update and the iPhone 11 screen says ios 17.0.3 Install now. I clicked on install now and I get a spinning wheel. For almost an hour. How do I get out of this?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 9:10 AM

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 10 GB of free storage for iOS 16 and later or 6 GB for iOS 15 or lower; more is better
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone that supports cellular 5G (12, 13, 14 or SE 3rd edition) and has a 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode and must have a cellular data connection
  • You cannot still have a beta of a previous version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 9:10 AM in response to Rich Fletcher

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 10 GB of free storage for iOS 16 and later or 6 GB for iOS 15 or lower; more is better
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone that supports cellular 5G (12, 13, 14 or SE 3rd edition) and has a 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN, and it may be necessary to delete any VPN apps and VPN profiles
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode and must have a cellular data connection
  • You cannot still have a beta of a previous version installed on the phone
  • You cannot have a previous version that was downloaded, but not installed - go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage to look; if you find an iOS installer, delete it

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

I am trying to setup a new iPhone 11 using my 14Pro and it is stalling for over an hour on the ios 17.0.3. What to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.