Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Latest Apple Watch update draining battery faster

Has anyone had an issue with the latest watch update draining battery faster? I have an SE and suddenly since the update my battery doesn’t last the day

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2024 7:01 PM

I just upgraded to an iPhone 15 from XS. Watch 7 used to end day at 40-45% at 10 PM. Now it’s depleted by 4 PM. What gives Apple?

23 replies

Nov 3, 2023 2:30 AM in response to TreeSkirt12

I’m having the same issue. I have the 44mm Apple Watch Series 6 (that I’ve had since the 6 came out). I Just got my preordered iPhone 15 Pro Max and paired my watch two nights ago. There also was an update for the watch- so I completed that. My watch will go from 100% to dead in about two hours. Always On display is off- and I’ve gone through since then and turned off so many things to try and stop the battery drain issues. I really hope this is an update issue and not an issue with the 15 Pro Max and watch together. I just switched from the 13 Pro max (and previously had the XS Max when I got the watch), and have never had an issue with the battery draining after any update or phone it’s been paired with. This is super frustrating.

May 24, 2024 5:42 AM in response to krisztina209

I started having this problem on 5/21 after upgrading to a new iPhone 15 Pro. My watch died by 11am that day. My screen doesn’t even come on unless I force it to. The following day it suddenly wasn’t syncing with my phone. Today I erased my watch and restored it. Didn’t work. I’ve had to charge my watch 5 times today.

Ive been an iPhone user since 2009 and had Apple Watches since 2018 and I’m at the point where I never want to purchase another overpriced apple product again.

Oct 6, 2023 6:46 PM in response to laurenfromlangley

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Nov 10, 2023 3:18 AM in response to deanne15

I did the latest update and surprised it worked. Night and day on battery life. Might try checking overall battery heath. If it is below 80% then might involve battery replacement. Did you also do latest update on phone? It’s frustrating I know and trust me, if the update did not solve issue I’d be on line with Apple support today as it is under warranty. Good luck!

Latest Apple Watch update draining battery faster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.