Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iCloud Drive not syncing on Windows 11

I have a Windows PC running the latest version of Windows 11 that I try to sync with iCloud across the board (Outlook, Photos, Passwords in Edge Drive). I successfully end up syncing my Outlook and Photos(which is quite a success, since these two features did not work for a long time and I tried multiple things to get them working - see below). However, I cannot find a way to sync iCloud Drive. Whenever I click on "iCloud Drive" in the "iCloud tab", the check-mark disappear as soon as i click on "Apply". Additionally, the password manager do not open either in Edge or in Chrome.

I tried, unsuccessfully :

• Reinstalling iCloud (multiple times) ;
  • Resetting iCloud (multiple times) ;
  • Logout and Login iCloud (multiple times) ;
  • Reinstalling extensions in Chrome and Edge ;
  • Changing the iCloud folder ;
  • Using these features on another PC with the same version of Windows 11.

Any other ideas ?

For me, it seems the app is broken...

Windows

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 10:43 AM

this is what helped me:

1. open task manager and search icloud in the processes
  2. right-klick on it, there should open the context menu and there should be an option >>end task<<, choose it
  3. activate icloud again (i forgot, eventually do a restart and login to icloud again before this)
  4. don't forget to click on >>keep a copy on my computer<< (or similar, i forgot the exact wording)
  5. wait for half an hour at least ... because directly after clicking, nothing happened for a while, but some time later everything was there
  6. sometimes you have to repeat this ... that is, ending the process and reactivating; at least in my case ... I had the same problem also on windows 10.
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Aerethiel01

this is what helped me:

1. open task manager and search icloud in the processes
  2. right-klick on it, there should open the context menu and there should be an option >>end task<<, choose it
  3. activate icloud again (i forgot, eventually do a restart and login to icloud again before this)
  4. don't forget to click on >>keep a copy on my computer<< (or similar, i forgot the exact wording)
  5. wait for half an hour at least ... because directly after clicking, nothing happened for a while, but some time later everything was there
  6. sometimes you have to repeat this ... that is, ending the process and reactivating; at least in my case ... I had the same problem also on windows 10.

Oct 8, 2023 5:02 PM in response to Aerethiel01

Hi Aerethiel01,

From the page Set up iCloud Drive on your Windows computer:

"Set up iCloud Drive

1. On your Windows computer, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Select iCloud Drive, then click Apply.

Files under 1 MB are downloaded automatically. You can open and view downloaded files directly on your computer.

Note: If you’re using iCloud for Windows version 7, the entire contents of iCloud Drive are downloaded automatically."

and:

"Your files and folders are stored in C:\Users\[user name]\iCloud Drive by default."

Have you checked that folder location to see if the items are downloaded as expected? If so, are you able to test this functionality in safe mode or in a new user account?

Regards.

Mar 31, 2024 4:20 PM in response to Aerethiel01

So I solved this recently doing the following:

1. Unisntall icloud for windows. Wait until fully uninstalled (all files removed).
  2. Reboot.
  3. Reinstall icloud for windows and set it up but don't setup drive yet.
  4. Make sure the keychain functionality is active and working in iCloud.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Setup icloud drive.

It starting working and syncing again after this. Its been good for the last month now. It seems the key step is the passwords and keychain being ON:

iCloud Drive not syncing on Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.