Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Ios 17 software issue

My Device 14pro is causing a lot of problems after installing ios 17 here are fee problems ISSUE WITH DISPLAY it’s turning half black when kept on charge, APP CRASHING sometimes I’m not able to use the apps, TOUCH NOT WORKING I’m unable to type sometimes, BATTERY DRAIN earlier I use to charge my phone only one time in a day now I should charge it twice or more though the usage of my phone is same. APPLE please I request you to fix my problem.

Waiting for the reply thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 9:11 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 9:11 PM in response to prachi2603

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Nov 5, 2023 1:41 AM in response to aasthaa

I suppose one way to fix the problem would be going back to the last (trouble free) operating system. I’ve hesitated to try that approach as it looks difficult and I’ve been warned it could cause more problems.

So I’ve waited and updated hoping that this trillion dollar corporation will figure out how to make an operating system that works.

Oct 9, 2023 1:30 PM in response to prachi2603

I have the same issues after downloading iOS 17. Phone runs hot. Apps (including Safari, iMessage, Apple News and others) crash or open as a black screen, then crash. Battery also drains faster than before. I have tried shutting down and turning the phone back on and that seems to help -- for a while. But the problems always come back -- as in the same day. I also have a problem with wi-fi. It takes a while to connect to the wi-fi signal after turning it on or sometimes after it comes out of sleep mode.

Ios 17 software issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.