Alert Times for All Day Calendar Events

Is there really not a way to customize the alert time for an all-day event in Calendar? My day starts well before 9am, so a reminder/alert @ 9am is basically dead to me. I've tried to work around this by using a scheduled summary, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I really can't believe Apple only gives 4 alert options here, 3 of which have that 9am time built in...am I missing something? How can this be?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 1:08 PM

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

You might also try to look at some of the thousands of third-party calendar apps available in the App Store to see if there's one that better meets your needs. One I've used, Fantastical, does allow you to set the all-day alert to anything your heart desires.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 1:08 PM in response to ChrissySchear

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

You might also try to look at some of the thousands of third-party calendar apps available in the App Store to see if there's one that better meets your needs. One I've used, Fantastical, does allow you to set the all-day alert to anything your heart desires.

Oct 10, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Recycleur

When I add a new event to the calendar on my iPhone, I don't see that option.

I think you're showing what happens on a Mac? Of course, that does bring up the question of what the OP is actually using. I was basing my response on the equipment line under their post. But, the particular forum in which they've posted makes it all unclear. Hopefully, they will clarify.

Oct 10, 2023 2:37 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It's true that's it's pretty lame to have such limited choices on the phone. But here's a trick.

On the Mac create an all-day event some day in the past with a title (as an example) such as allday5AM and set the alert for 5 AM. Then when you want to create an all-day event on the iPhone with an alert at 5AM start typing allday as its Title. Calendar will suggest the past event with a similar title, the one you previously created on the computer. Select it. You can change the title and other details but the custom alert time will remain.

You can create a few of these for your most common custom alert times.

Alert Times for All Day Calendar Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.