Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Purple stain in my iPhone screen

Hello guys I really need help, I dropped my iPhone in the water and I tried drying it out but when it finally got dried, there was a yellow light in the screen at the upper right of the screen and later in the bottom there was something link a purple knk that was spreading slowly in the screen, please is there any way to solve it

iPhone XS Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 9:13 PM

odiagbe odiagbe Said:

"Purple stain in my iPhone screen: Hello guys I really need help, I dropped my iPhone in the water and I tried drying it out but when it finally got dried, there was a yellow light in the screen at the upper right of the screen and later in the bottom there was something link a purple knk that was spreading slowly in the screen, please is there any way to solve it"

-------

It's Time for a New Screen:

Your iPhone screen has been highly damaged, and it may be overheating, as a result.

Getting a New iPhone Screen:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an ungenuine Mac screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery. So, where to get a new battery:

A. Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the battery
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 9:13 PM in response to odiagbe

odiagbe odiagbe Said:

"Purple stain in my iPhone screen: Hello guys I really need help, I dropped my iPhone in the water and I tried drying it out but when it finally got dried, there was a yellow light in the screen at the upper right of the screen and later in the bottom there was something link a purple knk that was spreading slowly in the screen, please is there any way to solve it"

-------

It's Time for a New Screen:

Your iPhone screen has been highly damaged, and it may be overheating, as a result.

Getting a New iPhone Screen:

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be wary as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an ungenuine Mac screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have an Apple or an AASP replace the battery. So, where to get a new battery:

A. Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

B. Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the battery

Purple stain in my iPhone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.