Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Photobook from Photos

Hi Community, Apple have long since got rid of their in-house Photo book creation service and seem to have given the task to Motif. I was doing ok with this but over the last year their interface has changed and I can't upload the book to them directly via their interface (which is accessible through Photos). The process goes right to the end then throws me out during payment. I contacted them and they suggested saving the book out to PDF but the resolution drops and the images shift and actually it's a massive pain in the arse.

Does anyone know of a simple alternative to the original iPhoto based photo book creation that ideally works within or with Photos? Why is this so difficult? Thanks for the complication Apple.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 10:28 AM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2023 10:32 AM in response to Designerdrew

Hi Designerdrew,

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

1. Have you had the chance to try a different Wi-Fi network when completing the order?
  2. Have you had the chance to try a different payment method to complete the order?

If you haven't, put the device into safe mode, then restart it and let it boot normally. 

Performing this step may help correct software-related issues.

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If you answer yes to the questions above, we recommend that you continue to team up with Motif.

Take care!

Oct 12, 2023 11:17 AM in response to Designerdrew

I prefer to use Mimeo as they were the subcontractors to Apple when Apple was offering photo books.

I've also used PrestoPhotos. Either, IMO, is very good and the only ones I'd use. The Mimeo version looks just like the old iPhoto books except for the logo on the back of the dust jacket.

You can download the app that integrates with the Photos library from the App Store.

Photobook from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.