Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

***FIX FOR ICLOUD PASSWORDS CHROME EXTENSION WINDOWS***

Its absolutely outrageous how incompitent apple support reps and "independent advisors" are on these support pages.

I have been having this exact same issue and have gone through the plethera of troubleshooting steps with no success, except until tonight. I had found a different support topic that was an unrelated issue but was still an "icloud for windows" issue and decided to try the fix on there which ended up fixing this stupid coding flaw.

THE FIX:

What i did to fix this exact problem was going to "C:\Program Files" and then finding the "WindowsApps" folder. On the windows apps folder, right click, go to properties, go to security, edit permisions.

Once in the edit permisions tab, completely remove the LOGGED ON user permision. There will be 2 different ones, one of them will be labeled as "USERS", the other one that you will need delete/remove is labeled as "Your Name (Your MS Acount Email)"

EXAMPLE: John D (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

Once the permision is removed, try to open the WindowsApps folder and it should pop up with an error saying you dont have permision to view the folder. After that, uninstall icloud for windows app and reinstall and the extension should work perfectly after that. Reference Screenshots are below:

NOTE: Reference pictures show properties for a new folder just because i didnt want to cause issues by redoing everything.

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 12:11 AM

Thank you for letting me know and I do apologize if I came off as a jerk as well, I was just frustrated in regards to the lack of a solution across multiple forums/communities when this is an issue that has been around nearly since the feature was released. Thank you for providing the feedback link as well, I will make sure to go through the process for that aswell.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 12:11 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you for letting me know and I do apologize if I came off as a jerk as well, I was just frustrated in regards to the lack of a solution across multiple forums/communities when this is an issue that has been around nearly since the feature was released. Thank you for providing the feedback link as well, I will make sure to go through the process for that aswell.

Oct 12, 2023 12:05 AM in response to Anon_MS_God

Anon_MS_God wrote:

Its absolutely outrageous how incompitent apple support reps and "independent advisors" are on these support pages.

We are all users here, just like you. Apple does not follow these discussions.

You can tell Apple directly about that by using the Feedback link:

Product Feedback - Apple

And, to make other aware of your solution, you can mark your own response to your question "Best Answer", so that it can be found more easily by using the search function.

***FIX FOR ICLOUD PASSWORDS CHROME EXTENSION WINDOWS***

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.