Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Launchpad Shows Empty Folders, How Do I Get Rid of 'Em?

Open Launchpad and everything's cool except I've got a bunch of empty folders. How do I get rid of 'em?

iMac 27″, 12.6

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:58 AM

Hello Mr. Bacon,

You should be able to remove a folder from Launchpad using the steps found under "Remove apps from Launchpad" found here: Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac - Apple Support

We'll include the steps below for easy access:

"Remove apps from Launchpad

1. In Launchpad, click and hold an app until all the apps begin to jiggle.
  2. Click the app’s Delete button .
  3. If a Delete button isn’t shown, the app can’t be removed from Launchpad. See Install and uninstall apps from the internet or a disc."

Let us know how that goes, and we'll keep moving forward based on your result.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 11:58 AM in response to Mr. Bacon

Hello Mr. Bacon,

You should be able to remove a folder from Launchpad using the steps found under "Remove apps from Launchpad" found here: Use Launchpad to view and open apps on Mac - Apple Support

We'll include the steps below for easy access:

"Remove apps from Launchpad

1. In Launchpad, click and hold an app until all the apps begin to jiggle.
  2. Click the app’s Delete button .
  3. If a Delete button isn’t shown, the app can’t be removed from Launchpad. See Install and uninstall apps from the internet or a disc."

Let us know how that goes, and we'll keep moving forward based on your result.

Launchpad Shows Empty Folders, How Do I Get Rid of 'Em?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.