Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My message app is freezing

When I go to text message or go to look at a message the message app freezes and I can’t send or respond to any text. It sometimes closes out on me. I have to open and close the app until I can use it.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 5:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2024 9:08 AM

But the Messages app can’t be deleted !

3 replies

Oct 14, 2023 3:44 PM in response to brad.hocker

Hi brad.hocker,

We recommend that you try the steps in the link below since the Messages app on your iPhone keeps freezing and unexpectedly closing on you.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

To perform the steps in the article we suggested above, click and open the link, read the subheadings below, and try each step.

1) Close and reopen the app
Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2) Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3) Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4) Delete the app, then redownload it
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

The reason why we are recommending the steps above is because they will show you what to do if an app on your iPhone or iPad doesn't work as expected.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

My message app is freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.