Auto macro mode issue

Sometimes (more often than I would like) the auto macro mode turns on if I try to take a photo with a telephoto lens at a long distance in poor lighting. This is very annoying because I don’t want to turn off auto macro completely, but after temporarily turning off the flower icon the telephoto cannot focus. Does anyone have the same problem? iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17.0.3

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 8:13 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 15, 2023 10:54 AM in response to UsernameNZ94

Hi UsernameNZ94,

It sounds like you're trying to disable automatic switching for macro mode on your camera. Here's how:

"To turn off automatic switching to the Ultra Wide camera for macro photos and videos, go to Settings  > Camera, then turn off Macro Control.

If you want to maintain your Macro Control setting between camera sessions, go to Settings  > Camera > Preserve Settings, then turn on Macro Control."

You can read the full resource here: Take macro photos and videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

Take care.

May 8, 2024 8:42 AM in response to Lee_ms

No, they're not trying to disable the automatic switching. So many people have this problem, yet everyone responds with the same unhelpful piece of advice. You clearly see there is a macro icon at the bottom left corner, so the manual switching is enabled. I have the exact same problem – for example when I want to take a picture of an airplane and I'm zooming in, the flower icon will appear, if it's yellow, then the photo is very poor quality, if it's disabled, the picture becomes completely blurred. Maybe there's a way to manually adjust the focus? Or make my phone completely forget it has ever had the macro function...

Auto macro mode issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.