I connected the A1379 super drive to an ANKER 5 in 1 USB-C hub to my 2021 24"Mac. the only message I get is to connect it to a USB slot on the computer for power. I have no clue what to do. Please help

As above.. I connected the A1379 super drive to an Anker 5 in 1 USB-C hub to a 2021 24" Mac. the only message I get is "USB accessory needs power. Connect Apple USB...to a USB port on this Mac. There is no USB port. Is there any thing I can do?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 11:51 AM

Hello helpme534,

Don't connect it to a hub, connect it directly to the Mac itself. If needed use an adapter, like the one from the resource you came from to accomplish this: About the Apple USB-C to USB Adapter or learn more here: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac

You can find the ports that you can use here: iMac 24-inch - Technical Specifications - Apple

Wishing you well.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 11:51 AM in response to helpme534

Hello helpme534,

Don't connect it to a hub, connect it directly to the Mac itself. If needed use an adapter, like the one from the resource you came from to accomplish this: About the Apple USB-C to USB Adapter or learn more here: Adapters for the Thunderbolt 4, Thunderbolt 3, or USB-C port on your Mac

You can find the ports that you can use here: iMac 24-inch - Technical Specifications - Apple

Wishing you well.

Cheers!

I connected the A1379 super drive to an ANKER 5 in 1 USB-C hub to my 2021 24"Mac. the only message I get is to connect it to a USB slot on the computer for power. I have no clue what to do. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.