Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

IPad Pro stuck on DFU mode

iPad stuck on DFU mode can not restore or update, when I try to update or restore it’s give me error code 4010, it’s stuck on DFU can not do anything at all. I went to one of the The repair stations LTD and they said that apple don't repairs ipad anymore because once they open screen they can’t fix it back so they stop repairing and now replace the ipad.

iPad Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 12:13 PM

You have followed all troubleshooting at If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support and the steps for the 4000 level errors at iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support ?

LTD is correct, iPads are not opened up and repaired, they have always been a full unit replacement by Apple Stores or Apple Authorized locations.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 12:13 PM in response to Maulinkumar31

You have followed all troubleshooting at If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support and the steps for the 4000 level errors at iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support ?

LTD is correct, iPads are not opened up and repaired, they have always been a full unit replacement by Apple Stores or Apple Authorized locations.

Oct 14, 2023 12:18 PM in response to Maulinkumar31

Error #4010 is not explicitly listed by Apple. When your iPad is connected to a computer, these errors are often attributed to a faulty cable - or interference from Anti Virus software.

Try using a different cable, a different USB port - or, at your own risk, temporarily disabling your AV software.

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

IPad Pro stuck on DFU mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.