You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to cancel AI chatbot trial subscription

I tried this new chatbot and I hate it. I want to cancel before it automatically renews

When I try from my iPhone, it just responds with gibberish.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2024 8:03 AM

I just found out I've been getting charged since September for ChatOn AI. I don't even use this app. I did download it to check it out, but had no idea I would start getting charged for it. I went into my account to cancel the subscription, but none show up. It says that I have NO SUBSCRIPTIONS! I'm getting charged $7.50 + tax once a week for a service I didn't even know I was signed up for! How do I make this stop? I've tried iTunes on my computer as well, but if it says I have no subscription, I can't cancel!

18 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2024 8:03 AM in response to mlmiller751

I just found out I've been getting charged since September for ChatOn AI. I don't even use this app. I did download it to check it out, but had no idea I would start getting charged for it. I went into my account to cancel the subscription, but none show up. It says that I have NO SUBSCRIPTIONS! I'm getting charged $7.50 + tax once a week for a service I didn't even know I was signed up for! How do I make this stop? I've tried iTunes on my computer as well, but if it says I have no subscription, I can't cancel!

Oct 15, 2023 2:49 PM in response to mlmiller751

Hi mlmiller751,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To cancel a subscription, we would recommend the steps below that can help:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple

1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Subscriptions.
4. Tap the subscription.
5. Tap Cancel Subscription. You might need to scroll down to find the Cancel Subscription button. If there is no Cancel button or you see an expiration message in red text, the subscription is already canceled.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Jan 22, 2024 1:39 AM in response to Lissy_12

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if the subscription doesn't show up on my account. If it had shown up, I would have caught this a LONG time ago. I've been charged an awful lot of money for something I didn't know I had and I am unable to cancel on my own. I contacted AIBY, the app developer, and they weren't much help either. They told me it was "impossible that this subscription is not displayed in your subscription section as the purchases were made via AppStore". So I guess I'm just crazy. They referred me back to Apple to ask for a refund--I've tried that too and got the response that it doesn't qualify?!!

Jun 11, 2024 12:49 PM in response to mlmiller751

I downloaded Chat GPT  6mo ago and opted for the free trial. I immediately tried it and because I didn’t like it I  immediately cancelled it! I know it was cancelled because I got a message saying I had until such and date to use it at which time the app would be cancelled and I would not be charged!  It never dawned on me that there was an issue after that as the apps (they also added this keyboard thing too which I knew nothing about) do not appear in my “subscriptions”.

Any app that has a free trial period, I don’t download it unless I am able to  immediately try it that way if I’m not happy with it I immediately cancel so I don’t forget and get charged. After that , a few months later I tried it again  and still didn’t care for it so I immediately cancelled again!  They also added this keyboard thing too which is another charge! Since the icons look identical it’s possible I did it but either way  it does not show either in my “subscriptions”! I just happened to find out b/c I was working with Apple Support  on a parent control/screen time problem when the rep was discovered it PLUS they have been charging an additional amount for some keyboard too which I know I never even tried!  The rep was not able to help me with these charges and told me to go onto the  app to find the customer service phone number, which does not exist!  I did find an email address online (ar@openai.com) that says it’s for billing issues. I sent an email 3 different times (6 weeks, 4 weeks & 2weeks ago) and all 3 indicate they have not even been opened! I also found something on one of the websites that said to enter that same email address in the ai window, state the billing concern and that it could be cleared up that way (using their own ai) but all 3 of those messages indicate they too have not been addressed!  In summary,  they billed me approximately $16-$17 bucks a month for 6 months for BOTH the  ai app &  some ai keyboard! The Apple Support CSR who just happened to stumble over them went in to cancel them on her end b/c they were still billing me and she could clearly see they were not at all transparent and able to be seen under subscriptions! Unfortunately cancelling them “again” on her end was all she could do despite saying “although I understood your dilemma and feel it is very wrong, I am not authorized to remove the charges and I don’t have access to the phone number for the app’s Customer Service Dept either”.  She suggested looking online for it which I did but again all I found was an email which as mentioned above has been totally useless!  Just like all of the ai chat app options in the Apple Play Store, the  company names are  not transparent and ALL of the chat ai app icons look nearly identical so knows if I even contacted the right place 😠!! 

I am going to call my bank today 

to dispute the charges so hopefully on their end there will be a phone number next to the transactions! 

Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you get the charges refunded? 

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can provide!! 

Jun 11, 2024 1:05 PM in response to Melodyyy4040

I tried Chat GPT  6mo ago and opted for the free trial. I immediately tried it and b/c I didn’t like it I immediately cancelled so I wouldn’t forget! It never appeared in subscriptions either; AND

apparently I’m also being charged for a chat GPT keyboard too which I never requested and it didn’t even show up in subscriptions for the trial period it said I had! The way I found I was being billed for the past 6 mo at $17 for both the chat & keyboard apps was when I was working with Apple Support  on a separate issue that required them to check subscriptions. The CSR found

it buried in the settings but now I can’t even tell you how she found it. Other than canceling these well hidden subscriptions on her end that was all she could do. She didn’t have a phone # either to contact the app owner for a refund either but Io looked online

& found an email (ar@openai.com) for billing but despite 3 different emails (6wks, 4wks & 2wks ago) none of indicate they’ve even ben opened!

I need to cancel AI chatbot trial subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.