Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I turn on auto save text edit doc with getting asked for revert changes dialogue?

This previously was easy to find in General tab, but cannot fund it now with new Ui.

Using Sonoma V14.

It's weird because it works OK on MacBook Pro (can shutdown without "REVERT CHANGES" dialogue)

but cannot find out how on MacMini

- even though have compared both Sonoma OS to be exactly the same.

Cheers

Mac mini, macOS 14.0

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 2:45 PM

With System Settings : Desktop & Dock : Windows configured like this:

no autosave occurs and any attempt to quit the application without first saving will introduce this dialog:

However, when you change those System Settings to:

then TextEdit (and other applications configured to autosave) will autosave whether plain text or rich text and you can quit the application with content saved and no intrusive dialog. This is how mine is set.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 2:45 PM in response to weddingmc

With System Settings : Desktop & Dock : Windows configured like this:

no autosave occurs and any attempt to quit the application without first saving will introduce this dialog:

However, when you change those System Settings to:

then TextEdit (and other applications configured to autosave) will autosave whether plain text or rich text and you can quit the application with content saved and no intrusive dialog. This is how mine is set.

How do I turn on auto save text edit doc with getting asked for revert changes dialogue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.