Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My map quit speaking directions. I have an iPhone 12 with i0s 16.7.1. I have not heard Siri speak directions in over a year.

I have looked at a lot of directions. However, still don't find any help. I don't see the audio icon mentioned in one post. A picture of the screen might help. I've been to the" spoken directions" section that has no way to turn on audio, just 3 options that don't help. Anything I look at doesn't seem to apply to my phone and does not solve the problem. I can't be looking at the phone while driving and need to hear the voice. My volume on the phone is turned all the way up. I don't plug the phone into a car either. I would love to get this fixed.

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 4:32 PM

Hello.

It might me that the speaking is disabled. Once you start a route navigation look on the right side of the screen and find the mute icon. Tap that and see if you get audio options.

If this doesn’t work, please write back to us!

Also you can read more about spoken directions on Change settings for spoken directions in Maps on iPhone on Apple Support.

Thank you :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 4:32 PM in response to azginger

Hello.

It might me that the speaking is disabled. Once you start a route navigation look on the right side of the screen and find the mute icon. Tap that and see if you get audio options.

If this doesn’t work, please write back to us!

Also you can read more about spoken directions on Change settings for spoken directions in Maps on iPhone on Apple Support.

Thank you :)

My map quit speaking directions. I have an iPhone 12 with i0s 16.7.1. I have not heard Siri speak directions in over a year.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.