Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio on Apple Map on iPhone 8plus

On Apple Map on my iPhone 8plus, I press "GO" and I get the first set of directions loud and clear. Then no voice, just the written directions. Tried online for a fix but nothing worked. Any suggestions?Dangerous to drive and look at my iPhone.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 1:09 PM

Hi marty10,

We see you're having issues with turn-by-turn directions not being audible, just written. We certainly understand the need to be able to have that be audible, and we'd like to help out.

We'd recommend starting with this page here: Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone

On this page, be sure to check out the steps on changing the audio output. That'll help to ensure that it's routing the audio as expected, whether it's to Bluetooth or the iPhone itself. Try adjusting that and see if changing it to output from the iPhone alone helps, which would isolate this down further.

Also be sure to follow the top section on the above link, "Turn voice directions on or off or change the volume", to ensure that it's enabled.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 1:09 PM in response to marty10

Hi marty10,

We see you're having issues with turn-by-turn directions not being audible, just written. We certainly understand the need to be able to have that be audible, and we'd like to help out.

We'd recommend starting with this page here: Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone

On this page, be sure to check out the steps on changing the audio output. That'll help to ensure that it's routing the audio as expected, whether it's to Bluetooth or the iPhone itself. Try adjusting that and see if changing it to output from the iPhone alone helps, which would isolate this down further.

Also be sure to follow the top section on the above link, "Turn voice directions on or off or change the volume", to ensure that it's enabled.

Take care!

Feb 23, 2021 3:43 PM in response to marty10

marty10,

We're glad to hear that the provided steps were able to resolve things for you! As it was resolved by turning off Bluetooth, it sounds like the device may be connecting to either the car's stereo, or another accessory/speaker/device. You can generally check on that when it happens at Settings > Bluetooth, and see which items in the list say 'Connected' at the time. That should help further to determine the underlying cause.

Cheers.

No audio on Apple Map on iPhone 8plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.