Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime video call hacked

While I was talking to my friend(just us) I got some emojis on my screen which wasn’t either from my friend or me. It has happened several times so far. Can anyone help me? I thought the iPhone was the most secure phone!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 4:25 AM

Have a look at this article:

copied from: Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on iPhone - Apple Support

Also check this similar discussion:

FaceTime Photo Notification not alerting … - Apple Community

4 replies

Feb 15, 2024 4:47 AM in response to missmoon226

okay so I know about the hand denatures but I have a weird situation. During a FaceTime call my mum and I were talking and random reacts were appearing on my screen that included emojis not just the thumbs up sign. I was lying down and then emojis would appear on my screen like the thumbs up and I wasn’t doing any hand signals then I started adding the emojis and said “if you’re here add this emoji” and then another emoji would appear on my screen without me adding it, there was a faint male voice apparently on my mum’s end but I couldn’t hear it)

FaceTime video call hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.