Issues with icloud calendar on Windows 10 home edition, Version 22H2 Build 19045.3570 on HP Pavilion laptop 15-cs0xxx. icloud cal isn't making changes to events

What is happening with this "new" version of calendar? something is not working ??! It is very frustrating with a few very weird behaviors.

With the recent windows update, or if icloud updated their app, I'm not sure which has caused issues I'm seeing. When I add an event on a personal or any shared calendar, the following things happen:

1. Click on the "+" (or double click in the monthly view on a specific day) to add new event, a dialog window opens to add a new event.
  2. Click on wording "New Event" (which is highlighted in red),
    • I can't just click at end and hit delete to remove it,
    • I can't drag over word to delete it
    • I have to either a) hit space to remove that wording and then type in new info; or b) I can just start typing the wording when the dialog box opens and "New Event" is highlighted without trying to delete anything).
      • previously the icloud calender version would let me just click at end, press delete--or drag across and delete "New Event"-- then enter new info
  1. When the new item/event wording is entered, then I go to the time to begin this event (which is default set at 12:00 pm)
  2. I highlight that to add new time and select the am/pm to whichever is appropriate but that won't work; I have to click to highlight 12:00 select the am/pm
  3. Then click to "Save" event but it reverts back to 12 pm.
    • I can't click inside the time to start to just change the 12 to some other time either - I have to highlight whole time and enter 9:00 am; hit return
  1. BUT THIS DOESN'T CORRECTLY SET - when I look at the icloud calendar (month view) - I do see the newly added event; BUT it still reverts as defaulting to 12:00 pm.

Steps I have taken but doesn't fix issue:

• Sign out of icloud completely
  • Re-log into icloud try again -- same behavior.
  • I can make it work -- If I open the event just added (which has 12 pm time)
    • choose another calendar from my different calendars on left
    • fix the time to start to what I want (say 9:00 am)
    • save the changes
  • Go back to month view and I can see the change took effect -- sometimes
  • I've also had to not only select the start time, but also choose the end time
    • previously the icloud calender version would default to an hour ?

Im just totally lost and cannot trust my calendar is accurately showing appointments now. Also if I add appt to my iphone those do not sync to the Windows version of icloud calendar.

Help???

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 8:58 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 18, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Myipadgk

Hello myipadgk,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about your calendar not working as you expect it to, and we'd like to help. The following link may be able to help with what you're seeing: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

If not, we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support: Get Support

Regards.

Issues with icloud calendar on Windows 10 home edition, Version 22H2 Build 19045.3570 on HP Pavilion laptop 15-cs0xxx. icloud cal isn't making changes to events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.