How can I delete imessages on my phone but keep them on my imessage in my computer.

I used to be able to delete messages on my phone and keep them on my computer but now I cant seem to figure out how to do that.

MacBook, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2023 2:25 PM

If you are using iCloud for Messages, that service is used for syncing the messages across all devices. The intent of this is that when you delete the message from one device, it will automatically delete them from the other devices. You can try removing the sync option on your iPhone by following this support article:

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2023 2:25 PM in response to kristendenise

If you are using iCloud for Messages, that service is used for syncing the messages across all devices. The intent of this is that when you delete the message from one device, it will automatically delete them from the other devices. You can try removing the sync option on your iPhone by following this support article:

Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

How can I delete imessages on my phone but keep them on my imessage in my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.